Friday, January 27, 2012

For the Kewlest Daddio Ever

happy friday, besties!  Today the Kutch family celebrates the birth and life of the best daddio in the whole wide world.  I can only hope one day my kiddos have a daddy who is just as cool as he is.  Thank you, Daddio, for loving Mommy, Courtypoo, and me like Jesus does -- without reservation or hesitation.  Of all our earthly blessings, I'd say having a daddy who so graciously depicts to us the love of our AbbaDaddy, God the Father, is one of our favorites.  In a world where so many munchkins lack a strong male figure in their lives, we count ourselves the luckiest(s) to have been blessed with you!

"God fathers us by being lavish, generous, even extravagant in His care, love, provision, and protection of His children.  'He who did not spare His own Son but gave Him up for us all, how will He not also with Him graciously give us all things?' (Romans 8:32).  Lavish, generous, extravagant care for His children -- this also marks the true heart and action of God, our Father.

In light of this, every dad should ask himself, 'Do my children know how much I love them?  Do they sense deep in their souls, both from worlds I have spoken to them and also from the time and attention I give them, that I love them?  Do they know that, along with my insistence on their respect and obedience, my heart also longs deeply for them to have the very best that I can give them as their dad?'

Fathers can learn much about being human fathers simply by paying close attention to how God, our heavenly Father, fathers us.  We can learn what true fatherhood is, then, my looking at the Father over all."  
-Bruce Ware in Father, Son, and Holy Spirit


happy birthday, Daddio!  
We love you more than you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment