Saturday, June 23, 2012

For Those Interested in a Little Update

happiest weekend wishes, sweetest friends!  This is going to be a pretty quick update, but it's official... I live in our NATION'S CAPITOL!  I seriously feel like the luckiest girl in the world!  It has been the craziest past few days, but I'm slowly getting acclimated to life in a big city, making new friends, and joining a movement with one of the most valuable missions I could imagine.  It has almost been a week since I got here, and there have been moments when I've felt so overwhelmed by the differences between Oklahoma and DC.  But I have never felt more covered by prayer in my life.  There are definitely moments when I feel insecure and unsure as to what I'm doing here or how I could have possibly been picked to be a part of so many intelligent, driven, successful individuals.  Then I remember that all of life is grace, and I can't help but just be so, so thankful!

I've loved meeting so many people from all across the country and world who care so deeply about the future of our nation's educational institutions and most importantly our the future of the children of our nation!  I truly am so motivated by the truth that every child is more than deserving to have every opportunity to attain an excellent education.  We've talked about so much this past week, but I think this quote by Pablo Picasso best sums up my sentiments as of the late...


"Each second we live is a new and unique moment of the universe, a moment that will never be again.  And what do we teach our children?  We teach them that two and two make four, and that Paris is the capitol of France.  When will we also teach them what they are?  We should say to them: Do you know what you are?  You are a marvel.  You are unique.  In all the years that have passed, there has never been another child like you.  Your legs, your arms, your clever fingers, the way you move.  You may become a Shakespeare, a Michelangelo, a Beethoven.  You have the capacity for anything.  Yes you are a marvel.  And when you grow up, can you then harm another who is, like you, a marvel?  You must work, we must work, to make the world worthy of its children." -Pablo Picasso


Obviously I can't wait to teach my students that two and two equal four.  I can't wait to teach them their letters and a song to remember all 50 states.  I can't wait to teach them about sharing with one another, and I'm sure I will cry tears of sweet joy when they read their first books.  But even more so than that, I cannot wait to tell them that they are more VALUED and LOVED than they ever imagined.  They can achieve greatness, and they will.  How could they not?!  They were created in the image of God!  They have been marvels from the very beginning:)

Thank you soooo much for praying for me and for filling my life with so much encouragement!  I can't wait to tell my little munchkins next year not only how much I care about them but how much so many people back in Oklahoma and around the world that care about them too!

xoxoxoxoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment