Friday, September 3, 2010

For the Fashion Aficionados




                    
   

The precious autumn air is almost in our midst -- what a beloved season for all of society.  The leaves begin to change colors.  Pumpkin Spice Lattes are available again at Starbucks.  (I must admit, I am not a Pumpkin Spice girl, but I totally recognize it is close the heart of many.  For a boost of caffeine that you're sure to love, I recommend a Starbucks Soy/No Water Chai Tea Latte.  It's Christmas in a cup, I tell you.)  I diverge.  Fashion.  Let's get to it.


My personal go-to locations for all your back-to-school/anytime shopping endeavors are as follows: J. Crew (fabulous), Anthropologie, Target, Gap, Urban and your occasional rando little-known shops with incredible finds.  Now I must make myself clear, when I say I adore these sweet stores, I do; however, you must know I am the ultimate bargain shopper.  With that being said, I am also a definite proponent of budgeting and remaining without debt.  My sweet mommy and daddy have taught me well!  So while shopping is a lovely way to spend an afternoon, I would suggest against it if you are unable to shop without purchasing.  But if you are one such individual, fear not.  Begin to think of shopping as an art form.  When you go to an art gallery, you don't always purchase the art, do you?  Most of the beauty of it is found in simply looking.  Ponder that.

ALSO... Thanks to my precious friend Amy, who sadly does not blog, I have discovered a fabulous new site with many reasonable and chic finds -- Etsy.com.  Many of the items on this post I found via Etsy, and I highly recommend giving it a little look see.


Now let's begin...  The following are my top 10 favorite finds from 2010 plus others... Links Included:)

Sweet Cinderella Top from Etsy.com
Who doesn't a reminder of picture perfect love -- even in this not so perfect world?

Would be the perfect skirt for a variety of occasions -- coupled with boots or heels. Courtesy of Anthropolgie.


I have found yellow is a rather hard color to pull off -- particularly in the fall.  But I feel like this would be the perfect dress for galavanting around town or walking to work -- just pair it with tall brown boots and a colored sweater.  So J. Crew for half the price... :)  And it comes in a variety of colors.
Thank you Etsy.com


Because everyone needs a casual black dress.
Thanks J. Crew.

Could you ask for any sassier heels??
Etsy.com and VERY reasonably priced, I might add!

Precious for tea and crumpets with the in-laws or pair it with a cardigan for the first day of work!
Another fabulous find from Etsy.com


What woman doesn't enjoy a cuddly vest?  Perfect for cool autumn air or layered for that frigid winter chill.  It looks so fashionable yet incredibly comfy... Win win situation for everyone!  Found at Gap.com


Sweet skimmers for your everyday flats.
They're also on SALE.  Get 'em before they're gone from Anthro.


I realize these creamy wedges may be a bit summery for your autumn desires.  But they're both on sale and absolutely precious.  Anthropologie once again.  PS -- For all you Oklahomans out there, Anthropologie will open its first Sooner location in Tulsa, Oklahoma sometime this fall.  I cannot wait! 


Now I will be honest with you,  I could never pull this little number off, but it was far too cute for me to pass up.  So if you have the body of a stick figure (no offense), give it a try!


       




1 comment:

  1. LOVE this post and LOVE pumpkin spice lattes! More than anything, I LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete