Monday, September 27, 2010

For the Weary

AMEN by DAVE BARNES
We will have love, we will have pain
There will be days and days and days that feel the same
We will have fear, we will have joy
There may be little girls and little boys
We will have friends, we will have peace
There will be nights of lights and music till you sleep
We will be strong though we were still weak
We live through so much more than we could take
Amen, Amen
With the dawn we all begin again
Amen, Amen
What is done and yet to come, Amen
We will have hope, we will have doubt
There will be memories we could never live without
We will have tears but there will be grace
There will be prayers we never thought we'd pray
Amen, Amen
With the dawn we all begin again
Amen, Amen
What is done and yet to come, Amen
In the sun or the storm, the flood or the flame
When everything's wrong, when I'm the one to blame
When heartache grows old, I swear I'll say, I'll say
Amen, Amen
With the dawn, we all begin again
Amen, Amen
What is done and yet to come
Amen




"Then Jesus said, 'Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you.  Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.'" -Matthew 11:28-30


I WILL WAIT FOR YOU THERE by PHIL WICKHAM
I will wait for You there
Down on my knees where I met You
Give You all of my cares
Find a grace to hold onto now
I'm calling for You
I will wait for You there
far from the world and its violence
It left broken and bare
I need to hear You in the silence now
I'm calling for You
And with outstretched arms
I will sing out melodies
And my beating heart
Will pour out a symphony
Hallelujahs in the morning
Hallelujahs in the night
I will wait for you as long as I have life
I will wait for You there
Down On my knees where I met you
Cause life is a war fought with tears
But You are the strength I hold onto now
I'm calling for you





"Let all that I am wait patiently before the Lord, for my hope is in Him.  He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken.  My victory and honor come from God alone.  He is my refuge, a rock where no enemy can reach me.  O my people, trust in him at all times.  Pour out your heart to him, for God is our refuge." -Psalm 62:5-8


Precious Lord, it is my prayer that we would be completely satisfied in you -- that our joy would be found in you alone.  Keep any and all anxious and fearful thoughts far away from us.  You are far more powerful than any fear this earth may attempt to deceive us by, and we trust that the ONLY thing we have to fear is you alone, Lord.  I ask that your peace, the peace that transcends all understanding, would come and guard our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.  We trust that you are more than loving, you are love.  Love covers a multitude of sins, and how lucky we are that you love us enough to let your son die for us -- even while we were still sinners.  



I was thinking about how Mary must have felt that day.  I cannot imagine being the mother of a son whom you love more than life itself -- I don't know the feeling of loving a child yet, but I'm sure I will one day.  And when that day comes, I am positive I will feel a love toward my children that is an indescribable love.  Imagining the thought of watching my precious son, who is such a intricate piece of my heart, die makes my heart cringe and my eyes fill with tears.  Mary loved him, and yet God loved him more.  I cannot imagine what those hours were like in heaven as the He watched His son die on a cross for people who hated him.

The ultimate sacrifice.  Growing up in the church, I heard countless times that the message of Jesus was not only the ultimate sacrifice but the ultimate love story.  Being a silly young girl whose head immediately perks up at the sound of so much as "Luuuuhhv," obviously I was rather intrigued.

But I ask you, what is it we want from love?

To be loved.  
To experience community.
To be filled.
To be joyful.
To give of yourself to someone else.  
To feel worthy.
To feel valued.
To feel special.  

The Lord offers us all of these things and more.  He loves you.  He loves you.  He loves you -- more than you will ever know.  He wants to protect you.  He wants you to know how beautiful you are.  To believe anything else is to succumb to the lies of the enemy.  Don't do it.  Believe the truth.  Live by the truth.  "Be joyful always, pray continuously, give thanks in all circumstances.  For this is God's will for those of you who belong in Christ Jesus." -1 Thessalonians 5:15-18

More to come.  All my LOVE!



No comments:

Post a Comment