Wednesday, September 29, 2010

For the Wedding Enthusiasts



Ridicule me as you will, but I fully admit, I love weddings.  It's just reality -- my reality, at least.  Please note, it is not the beautiful gowns or precious cakes that makes my heart melt so but the incredibly sacred symbol of marriage.  I am no where near tying the knot, which is perfectly fine with me!  So know what I am about to say is not learned wisdom, but simply things I have thought quite a bit about.  To be perfectly honest, I do not even know if marriage is in my future at all, but I trust that the Lord has everything perfectly prepared, "For we are God's masterpiece, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do" (Ephesians 2:10).



Whatever the future may hold, I am confident it is completely fine to rejoice for and with others on the days that mark the beginning of beautiful adventures of love.  To me, marriage should be the closest picture we will ever see on this side of earth of the Lord's unconditional, unfailing love for us.  Obviously our future spouses will not be perfect -- neither are we!  Perfection is not expected whatsoever.  But what a beautiful picture to love someone amidst their imperfections -- exactly how Jesus loves us!  We are so lucky.

One of my favorite pictures of Jesus' love for us is found in Ephesians 5, "Husbands, go all out in your love for your wives, exactly as Christ did for the church—a love marked by giving, not getting. Christ's love makes the church whole. His words evoke her beauty. Everything he does and says is designed to bring the best out of her, dressing her in dazzling white silk, radiant with holiness. And that is how husbands ought to love their wives."

How beautiful!  Anyway, I say all of this because my big sis in my sorority just got engaged this past weekend... I have to share a few of the pictures, because I find them to be absolutely adorable.  :)



She's the cutest thing in the entire world and is going to make the most beautiful bride ever!  I'm so happy for her and her wonderful fiance!  It is my prayer that the Lord would already begin to prepare their hearts for the gift of marriage and bless them in more ways than thought possible.

Now let's bet honest, I would be lying to say it is because of my big getting engaged that I just began to think about weddings.  That's definitely not true.  I think about them often.  Martha Stewart Weddings is one of my favorite websites.  In fact I would absolutely love to do an internship with the lovely Martha Stewart company at some point.  How incredible would that be?!  Nonetheless, I want to share a few of my favorite wedding pictures and sites for those of you who share this sweet affinity...

First of all, we have the one and only "Up" themed engagement and wedding photos.  If you loved the movie, you're sure to tear up at these precious shots.  Wildflowers Photography is undoubtedly one of my favorite photography sites, and I highly encourage you to check it out.  She is able to capture the sentiments of everything that love should be.  Such a gift.



Some of my other favorite photos come from a variety of locations... Martha Stewart Weddings, Style Me Pretty, and other seemingly random locations.  Wherever they originated, I know you'll enjoy them!










So much love!  I'm kind of obsessed.  If you too enjoy these things, please check out the following websites.  You'll fall in love... Wedding Gawker, Style Me Pretty, Project Wedding, Green Wedding Shoes, and June Bug Weddings.

Best of luck to those of you planning weddings in your near future.  And for the rest of us, may we simply embrace every moment the Lord has given us on this earth, whether we're single, dating, or married!  I figure life will be much more enjoyable that way... :)

All my love! 







No comments:

Post a Comment